Mr. Lau Jian Quan holds a LLB (Hons) Degree from the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom and LLM Master Degree from University of Malaya, Malaysia. He was a legal assistant practicing mainly in conveyancing and corporate matters for 2 years before joining Tee Intellectual Property.
As a Legal Advisor, he is tasked to liaise directly with local and overseas clients and clients in handling their domestic office actions pertaining to trademark. His role includes advising on the registrability of trademark, responding to office actions, trademark objections and oppositions, preparing written submissions for appeal as well as attending hearings.
LLB (Hons) Degree (University of Liverpool, United Kingdom)
LLM Degree (University of Malaya, Malaysia)
- To advise clients on any office action(s) for trademark.
- To assist and liaise with clients in resolving their trademark appeal cases.
- To prepare trademark written submissions and attend hearings with the registrar.
- To liaise and coordinate with overseas associates in relation to any local and international office actions.
- To prepare and review agreements and documentations pertaining to intellectual property.